Seniors Care Grant Nova Scotia Now Available 2022-2023
On July 28, 2022 Barbara Adams, Minister of Seniors and Long-Term Care announced that the $500 Seniors Care Grant would continue for another year and the government would also provide a one-time $250 energy heating grant to eligible seniors. Applications for both grants will open on September 1, 2022 and seniors who qualify can apply for a maximum of $750 at the same time.
- Eligibility for the Household Services GrantYou need to be 65 or older in 2022 and meet the following criteria:
- Have a household net income of $37,500 or less
- Live independently in your own home (you are not living with a caregiver, other than a spouse or partner)
- Own a house (your name is on the property title) OR have a residential lease agreement with your name on it
- Eligibility for the Home Heating Grant
- The same criteria as the Household Services Grant
- Your property is heated with oil, wood, electricity or other energy source
- Eligible Household Services Include:
- Cooking and meal preparation (excluding the cost of groceries)
- Driveway maintenance like paving and regrading
- House cleaning
- Laundry (excluding dry cleaning)
- Lawn care and landscaping
- Medication and prescription delivery (excluding the cost of medication and pharmaceuticals)
- Small home repairs such as windows, doors, roof, plumbing, electrical, decks, fencing, siding, painting and heating
- Snow removal
- Transportation like taxis, ride shares, shuttles and other methods of transportation that pick you up directly from your house to travel to essential services
- Cost of telephone or internet services
- Eye exams
- Dental work
- Mental health supports
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Foot care
- How to Apply
- Applications are online ONLY at
- Help will be provided to answer questions about proof of income, home ownership or lease agreement, and receipts for household services
- Once application has been approved, the reimbursement cheque will be available about 8 weeks later
- The government is providing $29.1 million for these grants in 2022-2023
- Receipts Are Mandatory
- Keep a copy of your household services receipts for your records
- Acceptable receipts include a:
- Receipt on a piece of paper or notebook (written or signed by the service provider)
- Receipts in a receipt book (written or signed by the service provider)
- Receipts from a business
- Receipts need to include:
- Name of the person receiving the service
- Type of service received
- Cost of the service
- Date of the service
- Name and address of the person or business providing the service
- You ONLY NEED to provide proof of income, home ownership or lease agreement and receipts for household services IF the Seniors Care Grant personnel contact you and ask you to provide receipts.
- You DO NOT NEED to provide proof of receipts upon application for the grants.
In assisting the vulnerable persons of Nova Scotia, did you forget those with Disabilities? I am 60 years old on CPP Disability and there seems to be no programs for extra assistance. .7% increase a year is a joke. Don’t for get to remember the Disabled.
You are so right there is a lot for 75 and above but the rest of us they don’t care about there is a lot of people 60 and above who could use the extra money but they are too busy giving it to people who are 75 and above it not fair to the rest of us
I cant find the application online . The url you sent me to :
How to Apply
Applications are online ONLY at
You go there and it asked if you are 65 yes or no
then do you have a friend whatever to share this with..
and then nothing. No next or continue …nothing. No application
Why are these grants only for people 65 and up. Lots of older people (60 and up) needs these grants as well.
Will the Senior’s Grant be available again in 2023?
Can I check my reference number online to see the status of my application
I received your seniors home grant and the one for help with your heating costs. When I called about the additional one for $1000.00 that they are sending out, they told me since I had already received the otherctwo grants I would automatically qualify for the additional heating grant, but as of today Feb 14th I still haven’t received it and everyone else is telling me they have. Am I not getting it?
how can I tell if i have applied/will receive the senior care grant for 2023.